Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Twinkies :)

What a miracle! Two baby boys in the one belly!! I think I'm still in awe of it. They are so gorgeous, so small and so perfect. Gray Lawrence & Bentley Murphy were born on August 14th. Their mama is the champ of all champions! I could not be more proud of her. They were here is less than 2 hours from start to finish. Of course, I was there holding them within a week of their birth. And on the 1st I got to go back and freeze them in time at 18 days old. What a gift. I love everything about them. And their nursery was decorated by no one other than their mama, Nikki. It's decked out with "love your mother earth" posters and peace signs. It's perfect. It's SO Nikki and something I love and admire about her. These boys are nothing but all natural and will always be, as long as she is their mama.

Photobucket

So, this is Bentley, smiling in his sleep. Melt my heart. (he just finished nursing)
Photobucket

And this is Gray. a picture of perfection. I fell in love immediately.
Photobucket

Photobucket


After nursing, we unwrapped these 6lb. babies and put them together on the big fuzzy bed. They were not having it! They tried so hard to get comfortable, but just couldn't. I don't blame them. As far as they know they should still be in the womb, so after about as long as they could take we wrapped them back up like little burritos and they were at peace again. Thank you boys for this shot of your little belly buttons and legs. Oh. My. Goodness. It was worth it. They are cutest wrinkles I've ever seen. 
Photobucket

Peace... is being swaddled tightly and laid on the freshest fuzzy blanket ever!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I went back yesterday with Ava, who seems like a giant compared to them, and couldn't believe how much they had changed already! I still couldn't tell them apart, (though I can in the photographs), but I'll get there :) I'm just happy to know them and be able to watch them grow. They are amazing. 

I love twinkies :)

2 comments: