Monday, August 16, 2010

Princess Cowgirl


I find Ava playing dress-up in her room everyday. Outfits range from Super Woman, to Princess, to Princess Cowgirl. One particular day last week I was feeling a little tired and low. I walked in to her room to see what she was up to and I see her in this tutu and pearl necklace standing next to her cowgirl boots trying to put on her big sister's clip-on earrings. Suddenly, (and after a great conversation with my great friend, Nikki) I burst with inspiration to throw on her  boots, and get her down to the park to shoot her (with my camera, of course) in this ridiculously cute get-up. It was just what I needed, and obviously something much much greater than us was there too. Look at this shot! In this light! If I didn't know that was my Ava I would think it was a real angel. Maybe that was the point. My GOD, thank you.

We ended our shoot at the carousel, Ava's favorite, but we were too late. It closed up for the night. It was all right though, because we made some new friends. Mommy met a fellow photographer and Ava played with all her props. I'm so blessed to have this little angel girl. She's my inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Another amazing photo shoot Cassie! I'm speechless, these are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete