Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Valerie May

I knew she was beautiful, I caught a glimpse of her when she was just a week old. Now she is 2 weeks old and I got to spend an hour with her today. As I sifted through the many photos I had of her I came to this and my jaw practically dropped! She is, like most newborns, so perfect. So new. So pure. And I got to capture it in a photo today so no one ever forgets. This is why I love photography. 
Now, Eloise, is a big sister. I don't know if she really knows what to think of it. I remember what it felt like when my mom brought my little sister home. It felt like the look you see on Eloise's face. A little worried and a lot "I want Mommy".
She doesn't know yet what a gift it is to have a sister.  She will soon though. 

Thank you for opening your home to me, Margo. It was a gift to me to photograph you and your girls. They are beautiful and so are you. 

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos Cassie. I met Valerie today in music class! You are so amazing at taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete