Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Baby Doughty #2

I got this message in my inbox yesterday! 


"Thanks so much for posting the photos!!!!! My water broke this morning during the eclipse and we're on the way to the hospital right now. It really helped put a smile on my face during a very painful moment. ;)


Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
--Sandy


This shoot was planned for Saturday and it happened on Saturday, but I got a call on Thursday from Sandy and she thought the baby may come that day!! She had been up all night with contractions and in the morning nothing. A little tease, I guess :) We made other arrangements to shoot sooner, but things weren't progressing, so we kept it Saturday. Baby #2 is a mystery baby. No one knows whether it's a boy or girl yet! I admire the couples that can pull that off. I'm too impatient and too much of a planner to hold out. But I imagine the wonder gives you that much more incentive to get through the labor! 

Saturday was raining. There was a break in the rain for our shoot, but it was too muddy to trample through some field with the family in tow, so we made due (no pun intended) at her home, in the bay window. It was just beautiful.

Photobucket

Liliana was there with her smiles and excitement to be playing in the window!

Photobucket

And these moments between she and Sandy were beautiful. 

Photobucket

especially this one. My favorite of the shoot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

thank you for inviting me into your home to document and share in this incredible life that will grace you soon. Good luck, Sandy! Can't wait to meet that sweet baby!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie - easily your best work yet! Amazing, delightful, moving, and tender.

    ReplyDelete